Thursday, May 21, 2015

Member Testimonial: Nancy Hutchings

"My name is Nancy and I am a grateful, frequent Buffalo CarShare user.

I use Buffalo CarShare weekly to do volunteer work with the elderly and individuals with disabilities for Canopy of Neighbors, a nonprofit agency that assists the elderly and disabled to age in place.


I drive our Canopy members to lunches and to other social events so that their lives can be enriched socially and emotionally. Also, through CarShare I'm able to drive our members to and from all kinds of appointments, especially doctor's appointments. This has a positive effect on their quality of life. I like to think I have a role in assisting our members to remain as healthy and vital as possible.

CarShare helps me to be an active member of my community. I no longer work for pay and no longer own a car of my own, so by having CarShare in the community, it allows me to do the important volunteer work I do. Using CarShare to volunteer in helping the elderly and disabled impacts my life in a very positive way. Getting out, meeting new people, and having a way to serve my community is very valuable to me.

Everyone I drive to appointments is always so grateful for the transportation I provide, to and from important doctor visits, buying groceries, social events, etc... Everyone always says a heartfelt "thank you" and I know they mean it.

Without CarShare, I would not be able to serve the seniors and individuals with disabilities in my community, who I have become so fond of in a very vital way. I would sincerely miss their friendship. I like to think that they would miss mine as well, for they have come to know and trust me too."

No comments:

Post a Comment