Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Member Testimonial: Lee Ann Rose

I have been an active member of Buffalo CarShare for five years.  Buffalo CarShare has allowed me the freedom to travel to parts of our area inaccessible by foot or bus. I am an individual who has a Social Security Disability income of less than $11,000 per year. The expense of owning a personal vehicle is out of reach, as are multiple cab fares. There are times when riding several buses, walking long distances in between while dragging my wheeled cart, are beyond my physical endurance. I can rent a Buffalo Carshare vehicle for five hours for the very reasonable sum of $56.00. This allows me to consolidate most of my monthly errands into one trip without bankrupting my bank account or painful wear and tear to my joints.

Every month brings a new assault on those who struggle at the bottom of the economic ladder. Every month is a new assault on our fragile climate. Buffalo Carshare has been a beacon of hope to members like me who try to live a sustainable life on inadequate means. Please don't allow the demise of Buffalo Carshare to be another nail in our nearly sealed coffins.

Sincerely yours,

Lee Anne Rose, member since April of 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment