Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Member Testimonial: Melissa Campbell, Creator of Ultra Hoops

Melissa Campbell is the creator of Ultra Hoops, a fun fitness brand centered around the hula hoop. She hand make hoops, offers classes, workshops and special events. Check out her website and read on for how CarShare helps her follow her passions.



"Buffalo CarShare has enabled me to run my local business and is a major contributor to my success.

I frequently need a larger car or van to load gear like hoops and a portable display booth I use for events. I don't always need a large vehicle so being a CarShare member means I only use it when I need it.

I started my business with literally nothing, and I have slowly built it up to all that I have now. I heavily depend on being able to use CarShare! My business could fail if I am forced to use a different transportation option. The cost is low enough for me to afford to use the service when I need it. I use the car when I have meetings, and again, use the larger vehicles when I have events. Recently, I even used CarShare to go to a conference in Syracuse.

Renting a truck from a hardware store or a car rental place is so much more expensive and since I don't have car insurance, it becomes totally impossible for me to rent. Needing to use a van 3-10 times per month does not warrant me needing a van every day. I wouldn't be able to afford having a large AND a small vehicle. Buffalo CarShare has led me to be more flexible, more independent and has enabled me to follow my purpose in life.

When I had a car, my mind was consumed with worries and my wallet with more expenses. Its not only the insurance, maintenance and gas, but its also the parking problem. I used to have to include parking tickets in my budget because I live in the city - where there are so many parking rules on different streets and at different times.

CarShare is so beneficial to the community, the environment and to me personally. I have been able to stay in business because I have access to vehicles of varying size when I need them. Forcing CarShare to shut down will have a huge negative impact on me and my small business, as well as our community as a whole.

Please help save Buffalo CarShare and you'll be helping save other small businesses like Ultra Hoops!"

No comments:

Post a Comment