Thursday, May 28, 2015

Member Testimonial: Holly Hutchinson

Testimonial from Buffalo CarShare member Holly Hutchinson:


I have been a Buffalo CarShare member for 3 years. I have used the cars to get to appointments, lunch dates, and meetings; the van to shuttle groups of co-workers to work sites; and the truck to move things like chairs and tents for events.  


In my current position as the Workforce Development Coordinator for the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, I often use one of the electric cars to get to meetings in the community. This makes me happy for many reasons: I don’t have to bring my car to work and can walk to the office. I get my daily exercise. I don’t have to pay for parking. I reduce my carbon footprint and I reduce the number of cars taking up space on the Medical Campus.


I have always been a great admirer of Buffalo CarShare. They are not a car rental company, nor even your average carsharing service. They are a true community organization, serving the needs of people in our city. One example is their commitment to serving seniors by researching, designing and implementing a program to use volunteers to drive seniors to a lunch program run by the Salvation Army.


How can we measure the benefits to our community of giving isolated seniors a way to interact with others and have some nourishing food? Lives are made better because of Buffalo CarShare and their hard-working staff.


Buffalo CarShare is a very important player in Buffalo’s renaissance. The growing culture here of environmental awareness, urban transit, and business innovation contributes to a vibrant city which keeps its young people and draws in more from other locales. Young entrepreneurs coming to Buffalo are often from larger cities with these types of amenities and this vibe. As someone who returned to her hometown of Buffalo after leaving for 35 years, I can say that Buffalo CarShare is one of the reasons I am here and want to stay.

Thank you Buffalo CarShare!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Holly! We appreciate all your kindness and support. Thank you for recognizing what we do. You're right! We're not your typical rental service, or even your typical CarShare! We're an asset to the community, and we must stay that way!

    ReplyDelete