Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A heartfelt letter from a member and volunteer

Dear CarShare,

     Five years ago I was struggling on a small, fixed income from a work related back injury. I had two rods and artificial disc replacement surgeries. Three years ago, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. After 18 months of chemo, I had a mastectomy. Throughout my membership with your organization, my husband and I, and our seven children have been able to make trips to the grocery store, hardware & department stores as well as many, many doctor appointments. At the time, we could not afford a car of our own. Neither could we afford to rent cars through the big rental companies (Enterprise, Hertz, etc.) or even afford taxi cabs. You gave us an inexpensive way to live our life without hurting us financially.

     Now that I've finished my cancer treatments & my husband was able to return to work, we have our own vehicle, but we will continue to remain members for emergency situations and also to volunteer our services whenever and wherever you need us. It is our way of saying thank you.

     Words cannot express the gratitude we have that your services were available during our greatest need. Thank you for caring and being so generous & understanding. When we couldn't afford the membership fees, you gave us the opportunity to clean the cars instead. I've never had the opportunity to be a part of another organization that comes close to the caliber your's thrives on. Buffalo will not be the same should Buffalo CarShare close it's doors.
    
 If there is anything I can do to help you in your endeavors, please ask.

         Thank you,
                   Sincerely,

                              Veronica & Rev. Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment